The three most critical factors driving U.S. light vehicle sales in October: incentives, incentives, incentives. The zero percent financing being offered on the oversupply of '00 models jamming General Motors Corp. dealers' lots should lift October U.S. light vehicle sales back to an 18 million-unit annual selling rate for the first time since the first quarter. The incentive action also is expected to net GM its highest share of the year (30%-plus), causing market penetration at several ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.