Gold has been found to have unique catalytic properties and there are a number of exciting possibilities for its use in air purification, says Mike Cortie, head of the physical metallurgy division at Mintek, South Africa's metallurgical research organization. At what the Financial Times reports is the first Catalytic Gold Conference in Cape Town, it is said the low price of gold (close to $270 per ounce compared to about $700 per ounce for platinum and palladium at this writing) makes it a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.