Reclaiming its title as the world's No. 1 tiremaker, the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. completes its global alliance with Japan's Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. and now controls Sumitomo's Dunlop tire operations in North America and Europe. The deal adds $2.5 billion in annual sales to the Akron, OH-based Goodyear, which reported 1998 sales of $12.6 billion, down from $13 billion in 1997. Net income climbed from $558 million in 1997 to $682 million last year. The agreement gives ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.