Jack Fitzgerald recalls how in 2001 then General Motors Corp. Chairman Jack Smith tried to explain to him how process-based management worked, using charts, diagrams and maps. Fitzgerald felt overwhelmed, even though he’s no lightweight as the dealer principal of Kensington, MD-based Fitzgerald Auto Malls’ 12 stores and 35 franchises in three states. “I didn’t understand what Jack Smith was talking about,” he says. “He was very nice. He must have thought I was an idiot. But I had a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.