MUMBAI – Conditions made by General Motors India Ltd. (GMI) for acquiring the idled Daewoo Motors India Ltd. (DMIL) assembly plant now have been met. It is up to GMI to decide whether it still wants the plant to build its Chevy Spark, which is based on the Daewoo Matiz minicar. The facility, which used to build the Matiz, has a capacity of 85,000 units annually. Chevy Spark The auto maker offered to buy the facility a year ago. Tired of waiting, it recently set a June 30 deadline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.