The U.S. government has closed its investigation of 2.7 million General Ameri.550 tires made by Continental Tire North America Inc., saying it could not find any safety defects. Ford Motor Co. was using the tires as replacements for defective Firestone tires on its Explorer SUV and other models. Last July, the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. opened an investigation into the P235/70R16-size Continental tires because of allegations of higher injury and property damage claim rates than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.