As Indian consumers warm to the burgeoning compact cross/utility vehicle and SUV segments, Maruti Udyog Ltd. positions itself to take advantage of the growing demand. Maruti launched its new Grand Vitara cross/utility vehicle in July, which it imports completely built-up from Suzuki Motor Corp. in Japan. Motivation comes from a gasoline 2.0L DOHC I-4 with a variable intake system and an output of 118 hp and 125 lb.-ft. (170 Nm) of torque. A “4-mode” fulltime all-wheel-drive system ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.