ORLANDO, FL – General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. are on the ropes, but the overall U.S. economy is strong, auto sales remain vibrant, and it is a great time to be a consumer. So say two economists, Paul Taylor and Michael Mandel, at conferences in conjunction with the 2006 National Automobile Dealers Assn. convention here. “So much of the drama in the last months is that manufacturers are facing tough times and competition remains tough, but that has provided attractive prices, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.