PARIS – Even as sales of SUVs climb in France, legal actions favoring smaller cars are gaining favor from both ends of the political spectrum. On June 8, the Paris city council adopted a resolution from the liberal Green party asking the mayor and police chief to do all they can to eliminate SUVs from city streets, especially on days of high pollution. Toyota RAV4 is France’s best-selling SUV. And on June 21, the conservative federal government revealed a national health plan that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.