Greenpeace volunteers shut down a portion of Ford Motor Co.'s Land Rover Solihull assembly plant in the U.K. May 16 during the morning hours in a protest against the poor fuel economy typically associated with SUVs. Some 35 members of the environmental advocacy group entered the plant at 7 a.m. and activated safety shut down mechanisms to stop the Range Rover assembly line. Protesters then chained themselves to robots and unfinished vehicles, Greenpeace says. Protesters interfere with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.