FRANKFURT – The unveil of the Opel Insignia concept here started with a tease: a grille surrounded by billowing cloth and fogs of dry ice. It looked, strikingly, like a Chrysler grille – and the unveil a day later of the Chrysler 300 C Touring, hammered home the point. Opel Insignia concept grille bears similarity to Chrysler design. Martin Smith, head of Adam Opel AG design, tells Ward’s people may be drawing the similarity because of the scale of the grille on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.