The European Advanced Lead Acid Battery Consortium (ALABC) is developing an advanced valve-regulated lead-acid (VRLA) battery specifically optimized for hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs). As part of the program, the ALABC researchers will replace the nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries in a Honda Insight with the new design which is already under evaluation in Australia in a basic form. If successful, it could dramatically reduce the manufacturing costs of all future hybrid-electric ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.