TOKYO – A surge in sales is focusing fresh attention on the pros and cons of hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs). So far, two Japanese producers are dominant, Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. The numbers are tiny and markets are limited mainly to the U.S. and Japan. But new models are broadening lineups and tempting consumers with more choices, and more production is promised. Last year, global sales of Toyota's seven HEVs (Prius, Estima, Alphard and Crown, plus low-volume Dina, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.