LIVONIA, MI – A Toyota Prius with the rumble of a V-12 engine or the futuristic swoosh of a Star Wars spacecraft? Sounds quirky, but a new line of noise-management technology from audio-experts Harman Automotive and Lotus Engineering could make such personalization possible. For now, the aim of HALOsonic Noise Management is to help auto makers meet stricter fuel-economy rules and coming safety regulations designed to make electric vehicles more pedestrian-friendly. The technology also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.