NEW YORK – BMW AG has begun installing HD (high definition) Radio receivers in its ’06 BMW 6- and 7-Series models now being assembled at its Dingolfing plant outside Munich, Germany. Customers will be able to order HD Radio as a factory-installed option. The two BMW models are the first cars ever to offer what some believe is the biggest advance in radio broadcasting since FM stereo was introduced. Conventional radio stations will carry the digital broadcasts, and unlike satellite ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.