Toyota New Zealand Motor Corp. says it has sold about 70 of its hybrid-powered Prius cars since October and expects sales to grow due to soaring fuel prices. The 1.5L gas/electric car sells in New Zealand for NZ$43,500 ($26,477) and now faces competition from Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s hybrid 1.3L gas/electric Civic launched in March. So far, about 20 Civic Hybrids have been sold in New Zealand. The car bases at NZ$33,000 ($20,086). Honda Marketing Manager Graeme Meyer says he expects high ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.