North American manufacturers are headed for an overbuild in June, largely due to some excess production at General Motors Corp. and by some of the non-Big Three manufacturers. The overbuild is interesting in that it comes in the midst of recent indications that growth in the U.S. market has slowed, and possibly stopped (see Ward's Automotive Reports — June 12, '00, p.1). Ward's estimates that June North American vehicle production — including medium- and heavy-duty trucks — is on pace to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.