Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. officials admit the new Highlander crossover sport/utility vehicle (SUV) may steal sales from the company's own lineup. First-year Highlander sales are projected at 70,000 units. Toyota, anticipating cannibalization, lowered the sales target of the 4Runner by 33,000 units to 81,000 for 2001. Highlander is the fifth SUV in Toyota's lineup, joining RAV4, 4Runner, Land Cruiser and Sequoia. Both Highlander and 4Runner are classified as midsize SUVs, although ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.