Hitachi Ltd. develops a state-of-the-art anti-collision radar system that can detect moving vehicles from a distance of 394 ft. (120 m), even in the rain and fog. The company was able to design the smaller, lighter radar system by using a pair of flat, fixed antennas to capture reflected radio waves. The prototype system measures 4 ins. by 2.75 ins. by 2.36 ins. (10×7×6 cm) and weighs just over 1 lb. (490 grams).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.