CANBERRA – General Motors Corp.’s subsidiary Holden Ltd. this month marks 50 years of exports, representing more than 600,000 vehicles and nearly 4 million engines shipped to all continents except Antarctica. Holden Monaro coupe sent to U.S. as Pontiac GTO. Australia’s largest and longest-running vehicle-export program grew from a handful of FJ sedans sent to New Zealand in November 1954, just six years after Holden produced Australia’s first locally built car. Holden now sends its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.