IWAKI, Japan – Like a fine wine, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Iwaki plant, home of the award-winning VQ V-6 engine, gets better with each passing year. Although improvements are not reflected in production numbers, down 5% last year due to softer demand for such Nissan models as the Murano, Fuga and 350Z, the plant installed a range of new, state-of-the-art processes with the introduction of the VQ35HR. Included are new block- and head-machining lines incorporating the flexible Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.