More than 60% of ’04 Honda and Acura vehicles meet the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 2-Bin 5 emissions requirements, says American Honda Motor Co. Inc. Honda has achieved this well ahead of the phase-in schedule set forth by the EPA, making it the self-professed industry leader in reaching these targets. To achieve Tier 2-Bin 5 classification, a vehicle must reduce oxide of nitrogen emissions by 75% from preexisting levels.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.