Honda Motor Co. Ltd. breaks ground May 30 on a new passenger-car assembly plant in Guangzhou, China, with joint-venture partners Guangzhou Auto Group Corp. and Dongfeng Motor Corp. The JV, Honda Automobile (China) Co. Ltd., is expected to begin production of small 1L-1.5L cars for export – primarily to Europe and Asia – in the second half of 2004. (See related story: Demand Exceeds Supply for Honda in China) Initial production volume is expected to be 50,000 units annually. Total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.