GUANZHOU — Honda Motor Co. Ltd. plans to begin producing a high-end line of its Accord sedan, built with North American specifications, at its joint venture in Guangzhou as early as this spring, published reports say. The model will be equipped with Honda's 3.0L V-6 engine. The price of the new variant has not been set, but officials say the car will appeal to China's emerging wealthier class, most of whom live in Shanghai as well as China's south in and around Guangzhou. Many Accord ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.