Honda Motor Co. Ltd. reports first-quarter 2006 net income increased 29.6% to ¥143.4 billion ($1.24 billion) from like-2005. Net revenue rose 14.8% in the period to ¥2.60 trillion ($22.56 billion) from year-ago due to increased vehicle sales in North America and a weaker yen, Honda says. In North America, Honda’s revenue grew 17.6% to ¥1.47 trillion ($12.7 billion), and operating income climbed 57.4% to ¥114.4 billion ($993 million), despite “soaring raw-materials costs” and increased ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.