Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says it has developed the world’s first intelligent night vision system, which will be available on the Honda Legend model this fall in Japan. Honda says the system uses images obtained from two far infrared cameras located in the lower section of the vehicle’s front bumper to detect the position and movement of infrared heat-emitting objects. The system then can determine whether the objects are approaching the vehicle’s path, and, based on their size and shape, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.