Honda Motor Co. Ltd. and China’s Dongfeng Motor Corp. form a 50-50 joint venture to produce the Honda CR-V cross/utility vehicle in the central Chinese city of Wuhan. The venture, dubbed Dongfeng Honda Motor (Wuhan) Co., is expected to begin production in the first half of 2004 via a refurbished facility. The renovation is expected to cost $44 million with annual output pegged at 30,000 units. Dongfeng currently builds engines for Honda’s locally assembled Accord sedan and Odyssey minivans.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.