Honda Motor Co. Ltd. posted fiscal-2002 third quarter earnings of ¥115.1 billion ($961 million), an increase of 40% vs. like-2001. Consolidated net sales equaled ¥1,989.2 billion ($16.6 million), up 13.3% from like-2001. Consolidated operating income for the quarter was ¥158.9 billion ($1.3 million), a 2.7% gain on third quarter 2001. Honda credits the increase to higher revenue for every product category, its cost-cutting strategies and the depreciation of the yen. Unit sales totaled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.