Honda Motor Co. Ltd. follows up its announcement to build a new assembly plant in Alabama (see story p.1) with the disclosure of a $60 million investment plan for its Alliston, Ont., and Anna, OH, factories. In Alliston, $30 million will be used to complete a new, second production line one year ahead of schedule, Honda says. The automaker will add more capacity to the second assembly line in 2001, bringing the plant's total annual output to 330,000 units. Alliston's original capacity was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.