American Honda Motor Co. Inc. confirms it is eyeing a derivative off the Odyssey minivan platform — likely a sport/utility vehicle — for production at its Alliston, Ont., plant. Thomas G. Elliott, a Honda executive vice president, says a decision to produce the second model will be made by year's end. He says the addition of a second vehicle wouldn't require major investment at Alliston, which is designed to produce two or three distinct product lines. “We're studying other products for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.