A new rating system by Ward's shows Honda of America Mfg. Inc. has been the best at utilizing its North American light vehicle assembly plants so far in 1999, followed closely by Ford Motor Co. The ratings are based on combining plant capacity utilization with how well a plant's available capacity — total capacity less vacation and holiday shutdowns — is utilized, and comparing that against the industry average (base-lined at 1.00). Honda's efficiency rating through the first six months ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.