GUANGZHOU — Honda Motor Co. Ltd. is moving smoothly through the startup gears at its Guangzhou assembly plant. “We're assembling CKD (complete knockdown) kits from four countries now, but by the end of October we aim to have 40% local content,” says Koji Kadowaki, president of Guangzhou Honda Automobile Co. Ltd., in an exclusive interview with FOCUS ON CHINA. He adds with a smile that “demand is stronger than supply.” Production of 10,000 Accords is planned for this year, ramping up to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.