American Honda Motor Co. Inc. plans to build an automobile manufacturing and engine facility in Lincoln, AL, 40 miles east of the capital city of Birmingham. The plant, located on a 1,350-acre tract, will produce Odyssey minivans and/or large-size sport/utility vehicles, depending on market demand, starting in spring 2002. The facility also will be capable of producing passenger cars. The 1.7 million-sq.-ft-plant will employ 1,500 workers when it reaches full capacity of 120,000 vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.