EAST LIBERTY, OH — Honda Motor Co. Ltd. long has won plaudits for its manufacturing prowess. The company enjoys a top-tier reputation with customers for exceptional quality — and within the industry for its fleet-footed, rapid model changes. Yet Honda now plans to take its almost legendary manufacturing eminence to a new level. With the launch of the all-new '01 Civic, Honda's adopted a totally new manufacturing philosophy that it dubs New Manufacturing System (NMS). Honda says NMS will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.