American Honda Motor Co. Inc. says it will be first to the U.S. market with a gasoline/electric hybrid vehicle, when its new '00 model Insight bows in December. Like General Motors Corp.'s electric EV1, the Insight is a 2-seater. Honda estimates it will average more than 70 mpg from its 1L 3-cyl. lean-burn engine and 144-volt nickel metal-hydride battery powered electric motor. The aluminum gasoline engine uses lean-burn technology coupled to new lean burn-compatible NOx (oxides of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.