Honda Motor Co. Ltd. expects to double exports from its Thailand plant to 20,000 units next year, as a new model, to be shipped to Japan, comes on stream, Bangkok-based Honda officials say. Honda currently ships three passenger-car models – the Accord, Civic and City – to 20 markets mainly in Asia, Australia and New Zealand. A new model based on Honda’s global small-car platform, which Honda plans to add next year, would become the first model exported to the home country. "We expect big ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.