DETROIT – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. will invest ¥450 million ($3.54 million) to begin production of general purpose engines in China next summer with motorcycle joint venture partner China Jialing Industrial Co. Ltd. Honda wants to produce 300,000 engines a year by 2004 on a new production line at Jialing Industrial’s motorcycle manufacturing plant. Honda estimates it will make 20,000 engines in the first-year of production.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.