SAN FRANCISCO – American Honda Motor Co. Inc. may show a multipurpose vehicle concept at this fall’s Los Angeles auto show, a company official tells Ward’s here. However, a production MPV is unlikely, as sales of the only true MPV in the U.S. market, Mazda Motor Corp.’s Mazda5, are below expectations. Mazda hoped to sell 20,000-25,000 units annually and looked to be headed in that direction after a strong start last summer. But sales have slowed, with only 12,567 deliveries since the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.