While a team of 170 employees of Honda Motor Co. Ltd. work out the logistics of ramping up a new facility in Alabama, Mikio Yoshimi, president of Honda Mfg. of Alabama, says there is “no limit” to additional product possibilities there. The $440 million Alabama plant will start with a modest 120,000 Odyssey minivans a year. It falls under Honda's “Start Small” strategy of starting with a low-scale investment and expanding with demand and the experience of the new workforce, says Mr. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.