TROY, MI – Although rival Toyota Motor Corp. has said it will produce some of its hybrid gas-electric models in North America, the market where they sell best, Honda Motor Co. Ltd. does not have a similar strategy. “We have no plans at this point to produce hybrids here in North America,” Larry Jutte, senior vice president and general manager-parts and procurement for Honda of America Mfg., tells Ward’s at an event here. Honda Accord Hybrid “Certainly it’s something that buying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.