DETROIT – On the heels of unveiling its forthcoming Pilot midsize SUV, American Honda Motor Co. Inc. announces plans to add to its fleet of light trucks with a new cross/utility vehicle (CUV). The new truck, based on the Model X concept first shown at the 2001 North American International Auto Show, targets the male youth market and will be priced at less than $20,000. The lower price point is a critical component to luring drivers to the Honda brand at a young age, Honda says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.