SAO PAULO – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. has begun selling its Fit small car in Brazil. The Fit, which bases at about $11,500, is being produced locally at Honda’s plant in Sumare, Sao Paulo, some 80 miles (129 km) from here. “The Fit arrived at a critical moment, with strong competition in the Civic segment – especially (from) the Toyota Corolla,” says Andre Ribeiro, owner of Andre Ribeiro Honda, a local dealership. The competition makes it “hard to keep the dealers happy with only one model ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.