Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says it will recall 45,859 HR-V small SUVs because doors could open while the vehicle is moving. Honda is blaming the issue on poor dealer installation. Honda says the recall could cost ¥375 million ($3.5 million). Affected vehicles were manufactured between July 1999 and March 2005. HR-Vs are not sold in the U.S. No accidents have been reported, the auto maker says.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.