American Honda Motor Co. Inc. recalls some 1.3 million ’97-’00 model Honda and Acura vehicles due to a faulty ignition switch that may cause stalling. Models affected by the recall are the Honda Accord, Civic, Prelude, CR-V and Odyssey, as well as ’99 Acura TL sedans and some ’97-’99 CL coupes. Honda says most vehicles have not experienced any problems, but it will advise owners to have their vehicles checked by dealers free of charge.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.