MUMBAI – Honda Siel Cars India made a marginal profit for the fiscal year ended in March, after six years of its Indian operations. “We now breakeven at sales of 10,000 units this year,” says Hajime Yamada, incoming president and CEO. Honda City Honda-India’s break even level two years ago was 20,000 cars. But that has been reduced “through marginal price increases and cost reduction,” says outgoing President and Managing Director T. Fujisaki. Honda-India is not willing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.