TOKYO – Takeo Fukui minces no words when asked about the main challenge facing Honda Motor Co. Ltd. today. "Survival!" snaps the auto maker’s new president, identifying global competition as "five to 10 gigantic rivals." Yet Honda, with worldwide annual sales of about 3 million automobiles, annual revenues of more than $70 billion and a market cap of $39.7 billion – seventh largest among all Japanese companies and almost twice that of General Motors Corp. – is not that small, weak ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.