American Honda Motor Co. Inc. says its new ’03 Civic Hybrid equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission has earned a 46/51 mpg (5.1L-4/6L/100 km) city/highway fuel economy rating, a 30% improvement over current Civic models. Civic Hybrid goes on sale next week at U.S. Honda dealerships and will base at $19,550. A continuously variable transmission (CVT) – rated at 48/47 mpg (4.9L-5L/100 km) – puts the car at $20,550. Both models have a range of 600 miles (966 km) and are powered by a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.