Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says its fourth-quarter net earnings plunged 36.5% in the fiscal fourth quarter (ended March 31), a result it blames on unfavorable currency exchange rates and increases in marketing and administrative expenses. The auto maker expects a continued tough environment in the coming fiscal year, in which it forecasts a 16.0% drop in net income. Consolidated net income totaled ¥74.1 billion ($701 million) during the quarter, compared with ¥116.7 billion ($1.1 billion) a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.