NEW YORK – American Honda Executive Vice President John Mendel says the auto maker will continue operating its assembly plants in Japan and the U.S. at 50% of regular production speed through May 6. “We’ve taken a pattern of basically shaving production, keeping the plants open,” Mendel tells Ward’s after introducing the new-for-‘12 Honda Civic here. “That’s all we know right now,” he says. “We’re not hedging. It’s just that we’re learning new things every day about what we can do and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.