NEW YORK – American Honda has made big strides in getting vehicles to dealers, but nevertheless will end 2011 with volume down about 100,000 units from last year, says Mike Accavitti, vice president-marketing operations. “We're not able to fill the pipeline as fast as we'd like,” he says. But Accavitti reveals Honda will finish 2011 better than expected only a few months ago, when executives believed the brand would fall 200,000 units shy of their full-year forecast because of parts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.